Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 1 BOC: My Voice


Fashion had always been a hobby for me. I always liked to dress well and in my own style. Looking up latest trends and never saying no to a shopping trip or styling my friends. I think I unconsciously knew then that this was what I wanted to do. I just wasn't aware at the time. It was probably because I never considered it as a serious career. I stereotyped that profession as only for people were creative. People like Fashion Designers. That is why I majored as a law student in my high school. That was something that allowed me to be the organizing and serious person that I mostly was at the time. I believe I began to change in the beginning of my Junior year. I wasn't as focused in what was learning and I didn't find it interesting anymore. My heart was burdened as I came into class everyday. Law wasn't at aIl what had thought it would be. I figured out that even I was interested about trials or cases didn't mean I was able to do it myself. It didn't go with my interests, lifestyle, or personality. I was terrified that was how I was going to have to live my life. It wasn't until the Art Institute visited my high school that I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I finally had a dream. To work with what I never lost interest in, fashion. I could become a stylist where I can get paid to shop for others and dress them up,  or a visual merchandiser that creates a wonderful and stylish atmosphere that draws customers in the store. Even though at the moment it isn't clear on the exact job I want to do, I know I'll be happy doing it because its in the Fashion industry. An industry that is full of exciting opportunities and forever changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment